How to Stop Gaining Debt
“New Year, New Me” is what we tend to hear around this time of year. It’s time to let go of all of last year’s bad habits and replace them with good ones. This year Allgen is on a mission— on a mission to get you financially fit!
Let’s get started with 6 ways to stop gaining DEBT!
1. Surround yourself with the right people: find an accountability partner, a coach that’s going to keep you on track.
2. Cut the credit: literally cut, burn, freeze the credit cards. Stop focusing on the things you WANT and start focusing on the things you NEED
3. Pay down debt: There are various ways to do this. One way is the snowball tactic: http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/how-the-debt-snowball-method-works
4. Make a budget: Where is your money going each month? If you don’t know it’s time to figure it out. Set a time to go over your budget monthly.
5. Plan ahead: If you plan ahead for a vacation or an emergency you will be less tempted to whip-out your credit card. Plan ahead for birthdays, Christmas, and anniversary gifts.
6. Make a commitment: Calculate your debt free date and make a commitment to stop at nothing until you’ve reached it.
Being financially free is a lifestyle: filled with peace of mind, security, and adventure!
Advisory services are offered through Allgen Financial Advisors, Inc., a registered investment advisor.
Any information provided in the blog has been prepared from sources believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed by Allgen Financial Advisors, Inc. and is not a complete summary or statement of all available data necessary for making an investment decision. Any information provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation. Allgen Financial Advisors, Inc. and its employees may own options, rights, or warrants to purchase any of the securities mentioned in this e-mail. This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer.