An essential piece of an investment plan includes a stock selection process. The following are the Investors Business Daily’s stock selection criteria:
* Earnings: The Indispensable Element Of Great Stocks
The single most important gauge of a stock’s potential is its earnings growth.
* Sales, Profit Margins, Return On Equity
These three fundamental factors are crucial in evaluating a stock. Learn what they mean.
* Sponsorship: Catching The Stocks The Pros Are Buying
When mutual funds and other professional investors buy certain stocks, the sheer magnitude of their buying power propels stock prices higher.
* The Strongest Industries Often Produce The Best Stocks
Up to half of a stock’s price movement is influenced by the industry it belongs to.
* Leading Stocks Are Leaders For A Reason
How to identify the current stock market leaders. It is these stocks that provide the best opportunities for future gains.
* New Price Highs Mean New Opportunities
When a stock reaches a new high, it doesn’t mean its best days are over. On the contrary, it’s actually a good time to consider buying it.
* New Products, Services Or Management
Astounding stock gains don’t just happen. Great new products, services or management teams are usually the driving force behind the greatest stocks.
* Your Stock Buying Checklist: Sorting Through The Process
Successful investing requires checking all the vital elements of a stock. This checklist tells you what you can’t afford to ignore.
* Chart Patterns Help You Spot The Right Time To Buy, Part I
Charts help paint a picture of investor demand for a stock, revealing important clues about its prospects.
* Chart Patterns Help You Spot The Right Time To Buy, Part II
Any stock worth buying has a recognizable price and volume pattern you can learn to identify.
* You’ve Bought A Stock—Now What?
Buying a good stock is just part of the challenge. Learn how to protect your investment by knowing the best time to hold or sell your stock.
For professional investment advice on this topic contact:
Allgen Financial Services, Inc.
888.6ALLGEN (888) 625-5436